With sunless spray tanning, you can achieve a perfect golden glow in UNDER 15 MINUTES without all the harmful risks from the sun. ALWAYS natural looking and matched PERFECTLY to your skin tone. We use the best of the best solutions that we custom blend specifically for YOU. Appointments take about 15 minutes start to finish. Hand applied making sure to achieve an even, all over golden glow. Your tan is only as good as the technician applying it. Our advanced training and experience will guarantee you the tan you've always wanted. Spray tanning is the healthy alternative to harmful indoor tanning, which allows you to keep a glow year round!
Pre-Spray tan instructions
24 - 48 hours prior to appointment
- Waxing should be completed at least 48 hours prior to your appointment and shaving should be completed with a razor that lacks a moisture strip NO sooner than 24-48 hours prior.
- Exfoliate 48 hours prior to your appointment with an oil-free body scrub. NEVER exfoliate the day of!
- Complete manicures + pedicures the day prior. If completed day-of tan, please forgo any oils/lotions that your nail technician might apply on you. If completed days after tan, your tan may become uneven due to soaking, acetone, oils, lotions, etc.
- Tanning should always be the last beauty treatment completed due to the barriers that spa treatment products can create. Complete all facials, and massages at least the day prior.
The day of your appointment
- Any bar soaps/cream-based body washes (Dove specifically) are known to leave a residue on the skin and can create a barrier that the tan cannot penetrate through and may leave streaks. Any gel-based body wash is best. Showering should be completed AT LEAST EIGHT HOURS prior to tanning to allow your pH levels to neutralize. If you must shower within eight hours, rinse with cool water, do not apply any products & dry exfoliate with a mitt to remove any residue.
Forgo any lotions, oils, deodorant, perfumes, or makeup the day of your appointment. All of these can create a barrier on the skin that the tan will not adhere to.
Make sure to completely remove previous spray tan or self tanner before appointment.
- Bring dark, loose-fitting clothing with open-toed sandals. NO leggings or yoga pants. Please note that the bronzer in solution may transfer to your items, but is water soluble and should wash out. Be aware of weather (ex: bring umbrella, hoodie & closed toe shoes if its raining.
- Tan in whatever you are comfortable in. Keep in mind whatever you keep on WILL leave a tan line.
After your appointment
- Avoid water 6-8 with classic or luxury solution. This includes sweating.
- If you touch your skin while your tan is developing, this could result in stained palms. Leave "bronzer lines" AS IS until initial rinse.
- Do not get wet or sweat until your initial rinse. This means no showering, working out, lotions, or liquid foundations on the skin until after you take your initial rinse. If you have pets, do not let them lick you!
- If you do not rinse at your designated time, your tan may develop too light or too dark. Do not use soaps, shaving, hair washing, etc. during first rinse. Temperature should be lukewarm. Rinse until water runs clear. If you see streaks after getting out of the shower, hop back in and use your hand to guide the leftover bronzer off.
- Avoid using any loofahs or wash cloths during your showers. Mineral oils, petroleum, alcohol, parabens and sulfates found in most creams and body washes can cause your tan to fade unevenly and prematurely. So be sure to check your product ingredient list! Ask us for our preferred approved products.
- The more hydrated your skin is, the longer your tan will last. Your moisturizer should be free of mineral oil and artificial fragrance. You may use a tan extending lotion that contains DHA after day three. In addition, be sure to drink tons of water.
- Avoid swimming in the pool/ocean for long periods of time, long hot showers/baths, saunas, hot tubs and excessive sweating. Your tan will not last very long if you are planning to do any of these activities.
- SPF IS YOUR BFF! Spray tanning does NOT protect against the suns UV rays. Coola is a great brand to use!
PALMS PRO TIPS TL;DR
- Avoid water for 6-8 hours with Classic Tan
- NO exfoliating. Pat dry - do not rub!
- Shave with hair conditioner
- Moisturize 2x daily with approved lotion
- Use approved body wash or soap
- Aftercare products are CRUCIAL for your tan. A tan extending lotion and a spray tan soap will give your glow the love it deserves.
- Apply sunscreen!!!! Spray tanning does NOT protect against the suns UV rays. Coola is a great brand to use!
- DO NOT USE the following
- Bar soap such as Irish Spring, etc.
- Victoria's Secret
- Bath & Body Works
- Raw Oils
- Facial Products such as retinol, deep cleansing, acne, etc.
"Not only was Gina awesome with explaining things out to me and making me feel comfortable, but she did an incredible job at making it look natural Thanks girl for making me feel tan and pretty!"
Went for my first spray tan at Palms! It was amazing the owner made you feel very comfortable and even stayed after hours to spray tan me and my friends. I looked amazing for my sisters wedding. I got so many compliments on my tan 😊
"I am so happy and impressed with the way my spray tan turned out. Thank you, Gina!!"
Got my first spray tan last night and didn't know what to expect. The place is cozy and comfortable and Gina is super nice and makes the experience fun! Would recommend to anyone looking for a more relaxing experience!
"My friend was texting me about my tan. Says its the best she's ever seen. She lives in Troy but said that it would be worth the trip to come to you when she needs it. We actually received a lot of compliments so great job!!"